The Information We Collect
We collect both personal and non-personal information from you.
For the purpose of this policy, when we use the term "personal information," we mean information that is collected in conjunction with your name. For individuals that register on our website, this may include your email address, office telephone number, office address, zip code, your National Provider Identifier number ("NPI No.") When we use the term "non-personal information," we mean information that is not collected in conjunction with your name.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- By Asking. We may collect some information from you by asking that you provide it to us. For instance, when you register on our website, we may ask you for your email address or require you to provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, and office address. From time-to-time, we may give you the opportunity to participate in surveys. If you participate, we will collect certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information. Similarly, if you use other functions on the website, or other services provided by us, such as ordering pharmaceutical samples or requesting technical support, we will ask for your information.
- Clear GIFs. A clear GIF is typically an one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of an individual's viewing or receipt of a web page or message.
- ETags. We also use ETags to store a unique customer code in the cache of your browser that allows us to identify you when you return to the website. The ETags allow us to tailor the website and recall your preferences. Clearing your browser's cache will delete any ETags.
- Device Information. We may collect information relating to your computers and devices, including your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile phone number, mobile network carrier, location, event information (such as application installations), and mobile device identification information (depending on the mobile carriers).
- Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be "tracked" online. At this time, we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
How We Use Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with functions and services available on the website, or information that we think may be of interest to you. For example, we use your information to
- Verify your identity
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Tell you about updates to your accounts, our or our third party partners' products, and services
- Answer questions and respond to your requests, such as technical support
- Make our website easier to use
In addition, we may use your NPI No. and/or ME No. to fulfill our obligations to our advertisers. Our advertisers require us to match health care providers with their target audience lists, to ensure that their advertisements are delivered to the appropriate individuals.
We use de-aggregated or de-identified information, such as that pertaining to web or mobile pages you have viewed, in order to analyze trends, track user’s movements, provide a better user experience and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not use this data in a manner that would identify you personally. Aggregation means that we combine the non-personal information of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we remove or change (e.g., hash) certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances, including in the following situations:
- Sharing Your Information with Our Advertisers. We may present targeted advertisements to you, and provide your information, including NPI No. and/or ME No. to our advertisers to verify to our advertisers that the advertisements have reached their target audience
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers. We may share information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping you to communicate with your office, helping you retrieve drug or patient information, ordering pharmaceutical samples, and helping us and our partners conduct survey. Service Providers also help us to create or maintain our website and/or databases, or to respond to your inquiries.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights or property of MediScripts, or the right, property or safety of another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transition in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transition.
- Behavioral Advertisers. We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear on our website. If you would like to opt-out of behavioral advertising based on your use of this website, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Third Parties. We may share non-personal information with other third parties that are not described above. When we do so we endeavor to either aggregate or de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer, or your device.
How We Secure Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure, and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. While we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
Limiting The Way We Share Your Personal Information
Even when you are no longer a user of our website, we will continue to share your information as described in this notice, unless you contact us and/or delete your account.
You can contact us at email@example.com at any time to limit our sharing of your personal information. It may take up to 30 days to remove you from certain databases and lists. We will continue to share your information and communicate with you in connection with servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or program in which you have elected to participate. Materials we send you will still include some offers or promotions of our services.
If you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can "opt-out" of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of every commercial email. Please note that if you choose to opt-out, we will still send you email relating to specific products or services that you request, or email that we believe is pertinent to any communication that you have sent to us, or relationship that you may have with us. If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list.
How We Communicate With You
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code §§1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties' or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 30,2014